Meet Attorney David Aylor
Criminal Defense Attorney at Law
Born and raised in Spartanburg, David is no stranger to the judicial system in South Carolina. After graduating The College of Charleston with a degree in Political Science, David earned a law degree from the University of South Carolina and clerked for the SC Senate Judiciary Committee under Sen. Glenn McConnell, as well as clerking for US Magistrate Judge Robert S. Carr (ret.) here in Charleston.
David then served as Assistant Solicitor in the Ninth Circuit Solicitor's Office for Charleston County, where he learned first-hand how the law works on both sides of the courtroom. This experience gives Mr. Aylor a great advantage in making sure his clients are treated fairly and with the respect they deserve. As a citizen of the United States of America, you are entitled to a fair and just trial, and David will make sure you get just that.
David's extensive casework has been featured on:
- Dateline NBC
- Discovery ID Channel
- The Savage Report with Andy Savage
- The Post and Courier
- Charleston City Paper
David also provides call-in advice and legal analysis for:
- ABC 4's Lowcountry Live Morning Show
- CBS Live 5's Sharpe Focus with Bill Sharpe
- FOX 24 News
- Comcast Channel 2's "Shop Talk"
- Z93 Jamz
- 98 Rock
- 105.5 The Bridge
- AM1250 WTMA's Radio Free Rocky D, and The Morning Buzz with Richard Todd.
- "96.9 The Wolf" radio station
On top of the many criminal and civil pro bono cases David handles independently, he is also an acting member of the South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Program, a member of the Southern States Police Benevolent Association, and a board member of The Trident Area Boys & Girls Club of Charleston. David is also participates in the Attorney Assistance Program at The College of Charleston and MUSC (which provides free consultations, legal advice and discounted rates for students), and participates in the Hanahan Elementary Lunch Buddies Mentoring Program.
David is also a supporter and donor to the Charleston
of Foreign Wars Association, the Native American Children's Fund
and the Miracle
Hill Rescue Missions, which provides a safe haven, shelter
and hunger relief to those in need.
Other activities and interests include:
- Volunteer judge for the Charleston School of Law Moot Court.
- Reviewer of "Criminal Law: 6th Edition" by John M. Scheb and John M. Scheb II
- Instructor for South Carolina Bar: Family Law Issues Pro Bono Seminar
- Instructor for Charleston Association of Legal Assistants(CALA) - "Investigating the Witness" Seminar
- Feature Speaker- Charleston Association of Legal Assistants "Featured Speaker" 10/19/12
- Active in Hanahan Elementary "Lunch Buddies" program
- Supporter of Lakota Boys and Girls at St.Joseph's Indian School
- "featured speaker" at Trident Literacy Center, "Legal issues Forum" 11-12-12
Downtown Charleston Office:
& Legal Assistant